Jesus' Church Hima
Kasese, Western Uganda
- PROFILE -
Over four years ago, Kule Colonel and his family set out to minister in a village in Western Uganda and presently there are now approximately 250 men, women and children gathering with them today. You can see more about that church gathering HERE.
Their focus of ministry:
1. To carry out discipleship, evangelism to preach the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ by word and action and establish churches or places of worship.
2. To do outreach christian ministry in the prisons, children remand homes, vunerable women, widows, youth, the sick and detention areas with a view to spread the love of God.
3. To organize seminars, crusades and conferences for the sole work of spreading the good news of Jesus Christ hence bringing many lost souls to God.
4. To vigorously feed people with the word of God aiming at building home/families to reduce the alarming number of homeless street children in Kasese, Uganda.
For four years he had been living with his wife and six children in the below pictured one-room temporary dwelling. (also pictured below with his mother who is a widow). They started a house big enough to house them properly and minister out of but because of finances had been unable to complete the roof, etc. so they could live in it. (See pictures below) He also farms a small plot of land to try to make ends meet.
As of August, 2018. Due to the generosity of several people by the Lord's leading, more work has been done to prepare a decent house for them. The roof has been completed and exterior doors and windows have been installed. (photos near bottom of page). They are now living in the house "as is" (unfinished).
Because the house is not sealed properly (walls need to be plastered) and the dirt floor (needs to be concreted), there are mice entering the house that have brought small insect-like parasites that attach to their feet and in bed during night they suck blood from the body. Rats also enter the house and spread germs.... The latrine needs cement and bricks as well so that sanitation for their family becomes better. [NOTE: Latrine completed mid 2019]
IMMEDIATE PRESSING NEED: (Sept. 10th, 2019)
In addition to the need above that has not been resolved yet there is a much more pressing problem related to the cause: The mortar in Uganda used in between the bricks does not hold up well to rain unless the brick/mortar work is covered by a layer of mortar and then coated with paint to protect it. The other factor in this mortar erosion is the need of rain gutters to divert the falling rain off the roof from quickly eroding unprotected brick work. This is not just affecting the brickwork but the foundation as well. CURRENT CONSTRUCTION NEEDS (Sept. 13, 2020) ARE BELOW:
MAIN HOUSE MATERIALS AND LABOR STILL NEEDED:
Plaster for walls inside and out, concrete floor, gutters to control erosion at the base of the buildings and water tank needs, etc.
- 1. 90 bags cement ($10 ea.) = $900
- 2. Transport $50
- 3. Sand 8 trips ($35 ea.) = $280
- 4. Aggregate 4 trips ($40 ea.) = $160
- 5. Inner doors 6 ($103 ea.) = $618
- 6. Gutters $85
- 7. Water Tank $120
- 8. Tank stand (metal) $100
- 9. Windows and doors, glass $137
- 10. Bricks for veranda (200) $77
- 11. Transport $105
- 12. Labour $409
MAIN HOUSE TOTAL $3041 USD
ADD-ON BUILDING, (NEW CONSTRUCTION) NEEDS:
These are needs to complete the newly added auxilary building that is next to the original house.
- 1. 3 doors ($103 ea.) = $309
- 2. 2 Windows ($55 ea.) = $110
- 3. 46 bags cement ($10 ea.) = $406
- 4. 4 trips of sand ($35 ea.) = $140
- 5. Aggregates 2 trips ($40 ea.) = $80
- 6. Inner doors 2 ($103 ea.) = $206
- 7. Transport $100
- 8. Labour $204
ADD-ON TOTAL $1712 USD
If you feel led to help with his expenses, you can use send contributions online via:
Western Union (preferred method)
FIRST NAME: Kule
LAST NAME: Colonel
Contributions are very much appreciated... If using Western Union, please be sure to contact him with the appropriate information so he can confirm on that end... (First Name: Kule, Last Name: Colonel, MTCM#, and Amount in UGX)